We hung a photo exhibit today at the Ritz Camera store in downtown Menlo Park. The show, ‘Feature Work,’ consists of five celebrity portraits (Lisa Lyon is seen above) that I made for the Los Angeles Herald Examiner’s Style section in the 1980s and is a subset of the ‘Portfolio 1976 – 1989‘ exhibit that was displayed this past June at the Knight Fine Arts Center in Hudson, Ohio.
This page is currently the home of a long-planned comprehensive archive of my photos. Right now it contains links to the first attempt at an archive, which flopped after Google killed Google Pages, a current project, a portfolio of more recent b&W work and one of my first attempts at an online project.
- First attempt (2003) at an archive
- More recent b&w work (mostly 2004)
- The (failed) Archive attempt on Google Pages
- The N Judah project (pictures made in 2006)
- Los Angeles: A Retrospective (circa 1995)
- 1989 Portfolio (B&W)
Below are links to some recent photos of general interest (GPL’d for non-commercial use). Please contact me cg-at-gulker-dot-com for rights licensing for other uses. For many of the photos, we can provide 400 to 1000 word stories. Signed, mounted prints are available for many images – please contact me for more information.
- Steven Charleston, Asst. Bishop, Diocese of California
- The Rev. Dr. John Kater, Theologian
- J. Craig Venter, CEO of Synthetic Genomics
- Vinod Khosla, Venture Capitalist
- Marc Andrus, Bishop, Diocese of California
- Njongonkula Ndungane, Archbishop of South Africa
Our complete catalog of travel photos from Western Europe, South America, China and the U.S. will be linked here in the near future. This includes:
- Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico
- Shanghai and Hangzhou, China
- Pescadero, California (B&W)
- Annecy, France
- The Netherlands
Other places to see my photos:
It is our hope that this page will soon evolve into a definitive gateway to all my photo work spanning some 40 years.
– Chris Gulker
Updated Friday, October 8, 2009